Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas et al

It's now two days after Christmas and we did something we haven't been able to do for a week and a half...drive my car out of the drive, up the hill and and down the road with absolutely no troubles! It is quite exciting!

Yesterday we went to the mall to use a gift certificate from my parents. I think that 80% of the metro area was at the mall, feeling like we did that one more day stuck in the house would not be fun. We got lunch there at 1:00 and had to wait in long lines and circle the food court for quite a while before we found a place to sit. I bet the mall had the highest sales for December yesterday.

On Christmas day we had friends over for a relaxing afternoon, then went over to their house the day after Christmas for a relaxing evening!

I've been off work now for two weeks and TJ for a week, and it will be quite strange to go back to work next week. I think the most exciting thing I've done since being home has been to clean the kitchen! It is reorganized and sparkling! I got a new cleaning book at our Bible study Christmas party and I love it! I cleaned my counters with a 2 part baking soda, 1 part borax & 1 part hot water mix (though I added more water later) and it really worked! They are very clean now and I wish I could wrap them in plastic to keep them clean forever!

My other project was to try and clean up my computer, especially my pictures. I must have spent three days just sitting here deleting blurry photos, cropping and adjusting picture color. I deleted all my online photo albums and reuploaded with the better sets of pictures. I think this computer is growing closer to dying and have copied all my files to disks just in case.

In the new year I'm considering canceling our home phone line and internet access. It would save us almost $60 a month and between work and free wi-fi spots I think it may be interesting to try for a while. I've been trying to figure out an internet connection that would be cheaper, still run fairly quickly and not need a home phone line but thus far have not found anything. I would miss hanging out on facebook though and the convenience of a home internet connection. We'll see!

Hope you all had good Christmas's! I don't have any new pictures to show at the moment because after days of looking through old photos I'm all photoed out!!

No comments: