Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mid October and 30 Weeks Along

Can we already be in mid-October? Really life just goes by so quickly. We've had a busy start to our October. The biggest news is that TJ got a job! He started last Monday and we are very thrilled. He's working a lot now though- last week was all 10 hour days and this week 12 hour days. Next week he'll start second shift on 10 hour days. The guy before him took 5 weeks to train before he could get to 2nd shift and TJ's only been there a week and a half and has already been promoted. I am a proud wife! They've also said they will give him a week off when the baby comes. We are pretty thrilled about that too!

Our friends Joe & Janet had their baby last week. After our childbirth class we went upstairs to visit them with our other friend Katie! This baby has the most adorable face, just so cute!

Katie's baby shower was last week also. It was fun to hang out with the ladies and see what fun gifts she got! Katie is due the week after me, and her sister is due the week before me!
Katie opening a gift.

They had a fun game but it involved popping balloons! I've never liked the sound of balloons popping and still don't! Included this photo b/c I think it's a good belly shot for the week.

We didn't have school last Friday and Monday and I took the days off to rest, clean the house and get started on the baby/guest room. It used to look quite nice but has gotten a bit overrun...now I hope to have it nice, organized and usable by mid-November. This is a before photo.


Baby is doing well. I had a midwife appointment yesterday and she told me that I have the kind of pregnancy they like and we want- the boring kind where nothing happens except what should happen! My belly is now 30cm and baby's head is down- wahoo!

Everyone's been asking if I can still see my feet and I've been saying yes, but now I'm thinking the answer might be "not so much!"At work I was going down the stairs and was rather startled to discover that when I looked down only my toes were showing. And when they had me step on the scale yesterday I looked down to see the number and it wasn't there- it's very strange! So I peered around my belly instead.

Baby is still very active and has just now begun to get the hiccups. I decided today that baby doesn't like them very much b/c there was lots of squirming happening that seemed more in response to the hiccups than to general boredom. :) I have an ultrasound next week and am looking forward to seeing the latest pictures! I imagine this will be the last one before baby arrives...only 9 1/2 weeks left!

This photo is for my mom...I made lemon meringue pie but my poor meringue never got nice and poofy! I think my cream of tarter is expired. Tasted just fine but looks rather funny I think!

I think that's about it on the updates. Somehow since school started life just seems much busier now!

No comments: