I feel like we've been hibernating since December. I think our house would agree! This week TJ has been quite sick with the flu and has bronchitis. I never knew that the flu could be anything more than bowing to the porcelain god but it is! Fever, aches and pains and a horrible cold is the flu.
We are currently watching the Babylon 5 series. My husband who is ok with Sci Fi but not as enraptured as I absolutely loves Babylon 5! He watched it when it was on tv and is quite excited that I am watching it with him now. It's funny because I'm still pretty neutral on whether I like it or not. It does have an intricate storyline and there are several episodes I am quite sold on. We're on season four right now and I believe there is one more season "and the movies" as all the fans tell me. So we'll see!
Today when I woke up the sky was clear, the sun out and a light frost on the ground. As I drove to work the sky above was clear but in the distance I could see low cloud banks on the ground...low lying (lying? laying? hmmm...) fog. When I got home it was about 55 degrees with clear skies and lots of sunshine!! I took a walk around the house and admired all the green and bulbs springing up. Went out to look at the garden too. Last year I only thought of the plants we could plant. This year I just keep thinking about all the weeds. The garden is completely overrun with weeds and I'm quite overwhelmed! Where do we start? I have no idea but I'm determined to find out! I read somewhere that land that has been left to the weeds takes several years to get to a point where the weeds stop trying to completely take over. I think we have a long road ahead, but a worthwhile one if it means a healthy weed free garden!
Here are some photos of things!
2 comments:
the covering!!!!!!....oh my goodness cheryl, that is too funny!!!! you look like my Grandma in the pictures of her when she was young! please let us know how it goes for you if you suddenly decide to go out in public with it on. ;)
Isn't it though! I am debating whether or not to ever leave the house with it on...I think it could lead to some very confusing conversations trying to explain that "yes, I'm Mennonite" but "no, I don't have to wear it" and "no, I don't think I need to wear it." But I do think it is awfully cute and who says we can't create our own fashion statements!
Post a Comment