My school ended two weeks ago and then was immediately followed by our organization putting on a long conference. I knew that pregnancy would make me more tired but wow, I had no idea! By the last day (Saturday) I was quite done in. Rested Sunday and Monday, worked half days Tuesday and Wednesday, took a sick day today (blah!) and am pondering if it is even worth going in tomorrow! I have one week more of work then will be travelling to Ohio (I'll be home the 5th - 8th) and then on to Georgia for a girls week out! I am super excited to go on this trip and am thankful for my parents who made it possible.
TJ is doing well at his job, learning new things every week. He came home a few weeks ago and showed me some of his wounds (apparently mechanics have a tendency to cut themselves!). These particular woulds were slices from a very sharp blade that went through two layers of shirt in addition to slicing open two pieces of his hand. The fascinating thing though was that he closed the wounds with super glue! Apparently this is a toolbox must and "doesn't burn as much as that other stuff." :) His hand is pretty healed up now and I am now a fan of super glue as an alternative to stitches!
This weekend we'll be attending a fun wedding and a baby shower (different friends). I'm thinking of getting some fresh strawberries and making some Suter's freezer jam!
Baby is doing well. I am now 15 weeks. The midwife was listening to the heartbeat via the handheld doppler this week and in the midst of that lovely heartbeat were these funny static noises the doctor said was the baby moving around! On a sad note we have friends who just lost their baby at 9 weeks. Please pray for their family as they mourn for their little one.
I don't think I'll be able to post again until after I return from Georgia (mid-July), but hope to see many of you at home while I'm there!
No comments:
Post a Comment