Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vacation!

Well, I have returned to Oregon (and my lonely hubby) from vacation.

Spent the first few days in Ohio and got to see the sights and sounds of home again along with visiting several family members.
Jeff & Marsha x 3 treated me to a lovely hibachi lunch...it was quite super to visit with them!

The Amy's brought their families over on Sunday and Skye made sure there was a group photo.

My grandma & grandpa, just celebrating their 60th anniversary!

I got to visit with TJ's parents and nephew for an afternoon.

Went to Georgia and met up with three high school friends (Dinah who lives there and Amy & Amy who flew from Ohio). We went canoing, they threw me a surprise baby shower at a pool, we ate with Amy's uncle at a fancy Italian restaurant and Dinah had her friends over so we could meet them. Dinah drove us to North Carolina for the weekend and we stayed with Amy's sister-in-law. We spent a whole day on the beach and I got to swim in the ocean (and not freeze!). Got a funny sunburn too!
Amy & I comparing baby bumps.

Dinah, Amy, Me, Amy before a neat laser show at this huge rock mountain with southern generals carved on the front.

Canoing! We were the steer-ers...though I wasn't very good!!

On the beach! Ahhh, it was lovely.

I enjoyed my time away but am finding I'm just not the traveler I used to be and was glad to get home. Returned to work today and am already busy getting the files transitioned to the new school year quickly approaching.

Today I also had a fun milestone regarding baby- I felt the first official really kicky kick! It surprised me to say the least. Nice to know little one is still wiggling around in there.

The rest of the photos from my trip are in our picasa online photo album (link to the left).

No comments: