It's already February and this year is flying by. I haven't updated lately because there hasn't been much interesting to say. So this is a random list of thoughts I write tonight. They may or may not go in any logical order. :D
- In January I had an endoscopy, a CT Scan and some more blood work. This is all related to my digestive troubles...silly digestion anyway. There is some definite irritation shown in my stomach, and now I'm keeping a food diary to show to my doctor next month. On a huge praise note my nausea levels are the lowest they've been in 2+ years, and I am enjoying that!
- I had my endoscopy on my 30th birthday! They gave me Vicadin (sp?), the ether and a drug that causes amnesia. So I didn't feel anything, and even if I did I don't remember! My friend Donna picked me up and apparently had a hoot on the drive home. My favorite story is that we were almost home and I was telling her a story. She started laughing and asked if I knew that it was the third time I'd told her the same exact story word for word since we'd left the doctor (probably 20 minutes earlier)? I sure didn't (and don't!) remember telling her the story before. The rest of the evening I lazed on the couch and felt soooooooooo relaxed! So relaxed! It was wonderful...till the next day when I was still feeling a bit loopy and had to get up and go to work.
- TJ still loves his new job. It is so wonderful to have him come home each night exhausted from hard work but not from a hard soul day. Now he's training a new guy!
- Every morning at work I have to stand in the lobby for half an hour letting families in to the building because the building doesn't open to the general public till after school starts. I am trying to memorize 1 Peter 2 for our Bible study. So a few days ago I was standing there memorizing, mulling that scripture in my mind, thinking very holy and lovely thoughts. And then a parent walked by that always gets on my nerves and I immediately became angry thinking bad things about the parent. They walked out the door and I returned my attention to my very holy memorization, and burst out laughing realizing the stark contrast! Isn't it funny how we can switch so quickly between the thoughts of God and the thoughts of man? I was quite amused for quite some time! And bummed because I know I'll fight my "natural man" until the veil between this life and the next is torn. Oh what a lovely day that will be!
- This morning when I left the house I got 20 feet down the drive and looked to my right. Mt Hood was out in all its splendor accentuated by a sunrise of the most vivid and startling pink hues. I almost turned the car around to go back to the house and get my camera...but sadly for you I kept driving. It was so beautiful!
- This morning one of our preschoolers was racing his dad to the door to come in the building. He beat his dad to the door and turned to me as he went in stating, "I have my fast shoes on this morning!" It was very cute!
- We spent the Superbowl with Kris & Andrea, Ben & Katie, Brian and Danny. And of course Rubye & Grady. I brought my quilt and managed to get one square quilted. This group was rooting for the red team who lost. We had really yummy food and greatly enjoyed the company.
- TJ and I went to a farm show in Portland. It was three HUGE buildings with lots of tractors and implements and booths about crops and insurance and financing. I was completely out of my element and TJ was a kid in a candy store. We had a really fun time!
- We've had lots of freezing fog lately. In the mornings we'll wake up and outside it will be quite foggy and the ground will have frozen from the moisture in the fog. The other day it was so bad that a lot of accidents happened. One van just down the road from us had slid somehow and landed (as though someone picked it up and set it gently down on its side) with it's front tires resting on a telephone pole. TJ passed another accident on his drive to work, and two cars rear ended each other in the lane next to mine on my way to work! I think we both felt very protected that day.
- Our car needs work! Poor little car. The rearview mirror is coming unscrewed, the headlight covers are so foggy our low beams are not that effective, the clutch and brakes need replaced ($$!) and my right tire had a slow leak caused by a small nail! We just found the most wonderful mechanic though! He is a hoot, very old school and not into fancy anything...just a lot of common sense, and I like that! I think he and his son are partners. Today I got my oil changed and an interior filter replaced. And my tire fixed. He did more for us in one day than our Toyota service center did for us in a year!! The good news is that once the brakes and clutch are repaired they should last for a long, long time...one more reason we own a Toyota.
- Having to get the car fixed today reminded me that I never wanted to graduate high school for this exact reason: adult responsibility!
- The other morning I was almost to the top of our lane and saw something ahead walking across. I thought it was a cat but in fact it was a skunk! I slowed down and let him pass with a wide berth. Very wide berth!!
- We had a beautiful spring like day this week. TJ convinced me to go for a walk when I got home and it was great. The grass is green, the berry vines are purple, birds were out chirping and the air smelled great! Sunshine and good smelling nature...it was lovely.
That's all for now. Sorry I don't have any photos- we've been hibernating this last month!
No comments:
Post a Comment