TJ had his interview today at 1:00. It went well and they said he is at the top of the list and should know by the end of this week or beginning of next if he gets it. Just based on the personal reference he got from the father of one of our bible study folks the manager wants to hire him, but he has to sell him now to the GM and two owners. He'd like to hire him based on his experience and knowledge base of course, but character counts for a lot too. TJ was sent out of the interview today with a skills and knowledge test that he'll take back tomorrow, then once they get that the manager will present him as a candidate.
He was so exceptionally nervous going into the interview today, and I was ok, but now I'm completely nervous...he's so close, and yet it could still go either way! I don't think I could want this job for him any more than I do, and I don't think he could want it anymore than he does. Everything he has learned researching the company online, has heard through personal references and heard at his interview just confirm that this is really exactly the kind of job he would love doing and could be happy at long term. The pay is great and they would even pay for him to do further training which would certainly satisfy his desire to keep learning. And the manager sounds like he's looking for people of integrity, which would be great. TJ's had to work with some real bums before (co-workers & bosses) which is hard when he would much rather work with honest hard workers like he is!
Please pray with us that he will get this job, and that the Lord is glorified whether he gets the job or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment