It is Thursday evening and the theme at our home is "waiting." I know that soon we'll hear whether or not TJ gets the job, but I think this time of waiting is the hardest. There is a verse on waiting I was thinking about and when I went searching for it found lots of "waiting" verses. It reminds me there is a larger picture than whether TJ gets this job or a different one. Here are some verses related to waiting...though you'll have to go to the passage for the full context.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Ps 5:3
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Ps 27:14
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. Ps 33:20
I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God. Ps 38:15
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Ps 130:5
Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. Pr 8:34
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. Is 26:8
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Jude 1:21
No comments:
Post a Comment