Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Ends

Can it be possible that we've made it to the end of September already? I think that feat calls for some Tillamook rocky road ice cream! (really I just want a snack after work right now...mmmmm) School has been in session for three weeks and aside from being tired I think all is plugging along. I've been working on reorganizing/purging the kitchen and I think that project is now done. It is lovely to have everything in order and know exactly where it all is! My next project is the baby/guest room...then the laundry, then the living room.

Last weekend we went to a u-pick orchard and had a blast! We picked 20 lbs of apples and 7 1/2 lbs of grapes. I got to climb up in the apple trees (on low branches of course) and we spent the afternoon outdoors. We've been processing everything since. I've made one grape pie so far and think I'll make one more pie and one batch of pie filling to freeze, then some grape jam. The apples are all going straight to applesauce. We made some last year but ran out in the middle of winter and were sad- this year we want to have enough to have some fresh applesauce every month!
Apples and grapes getting ready to cook.

TJ went to a job fair last week along with many hundreds of other people! The line was quite amazing. He got an interview from a company at that fair and is now waiting to hear if he gets the job. The job is 2nd shift which has pro's and con's and we're just trusting God will walk with us through whatever comes.
For a special treat we got some polish sausage at a local hungarian food store...mmmm!

I am now 7 months along and will be 29 weeks on Friday. We went to our first childbirth education class along with our friends Ben & Katie. It is certainly an interesting class and looks to be helpful in getting some pain management techniques. I'm feeling good, just sore. Thankful for an active healthy baby and a problem free pregnancy!
28 1/2 weeks

2 comments:

deaconlarsen said...

I just love reading your blog. I also adore the pictures you post of your wonderful food and beautiful belly.

CornyCornKorens said...

No question that there is a baby in that belly. :)